Everyone’s Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Even your dog. Here is an easy, healthy, and tasty recipe for homemade St. Patrick Day Dog Treats that will sure to elicit an Erin Go Bark!
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen
Preheat Oven: 350 degrees
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ cups plain natural applesauce (no added sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups oat flour (or grind own old fashion rolled oats in food processor)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or whole wheat flour)
- OPTIONAL: dash peppermint extract (or handful of fresh mint leaves)
- OPTIONAL: 2 chlorophyll capsules for fresh breath, if desired)
- Pulse greens in food processor
- Add applesauce and continue pulsing until a smooth paste is achieved
- Add eggs and pulse to combine
- Add chlorophyll powder (after removing from capsules) and pulse to combine
- Add both flours by cupful until a dough ball is formed
- The dough will start out very sticky. Add flour as needed to get a workable texture
- Roll out dough to desired thickness, adding flour as necessary to keep dough workable
- For convenience, you can roll out between sheets of parchment
- Bake 30 minutes or until crispy; cool thoroughly
BONE APPETIT AND HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!
~ Carroll and Certified Test Taster, Drummer deCarle
P.S. For more tasty doggie treat recipes, click here!