Here’s another recipe for holiday doggie treats that will whet your human appetite! Serve these this fall and you’re sure to get rave reviews from both two- and four-legged friends.
- ½ Cup Canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 4 Tblsp. Molasses
- 4 Tblsp. Water
- 2 Tblsp. Vegetable oil
- 2 Cups Whole wheat flour
- ¼ Tsp. Baking soda
- ¼ Tsp. Baking powder
1. PREHEAT OVEN 350 degrees, F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or use silicone baking mat. If you don’t have parchment paper, simply grease the cookie/baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, molasses, vegetable oil, and water.
3. In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, & baking powder. Gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until dough becomes soft.
4. Scoop small amounts of dough (using a teaspoon, dough should be about 1 inch wide) Roll into balls with your hands
5. Set balls on a prepared cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
6. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool completely on a rack before storing in an air-tight container.
Can be stored in the fridge for up to two months. Also, can be stored in the freezer. But… be sure to keep a few on your counter in a cookie jar for your best buddy. He’ll thank you in plenty of kisses!